More Than Just a ‘Gut Feeling’:
What Gastrointestinal Health Means for Your Brain
We all know an upset digestive tract is uncomfortable and burdensome, but did you know it could actually affect your brain? Well, it can—and in a more profound way than anyone would have imagined until fairly recently.
Every day, we learn more and more of the complex interactions of the body and mind. Investigation of the relationship between the gastrointestinal and nervous systems is truly cutting-edge!
As it turns out, inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and irritable bowel syndrome can contribute to a host of mental health problems, including depression and autistic disorders, among many others.
In this e-book, you’ll find out:
- What gastrointestinal disorders can affect your brain
- How the link between gut and brain works
- How to recognize the symptoms of gut problems
- What naturopathic medicine has to offer
- Why too much or too little gut bacteria can cause problems
- How supplements like glutamine can work to cure you
Whether you are experiencing problems involving mental health or gastrointestinal health—or even if you aren’t experiencing either—this book can help provide answers and relief. Understanding how your body works is half the battle. After you have this knowledge, making the right choices and seeking the best treatment will come naturally, leading you to peace of body and peace of mind!